10 Reasons We Should Reach the College Campus
Should a local church be concerned with reaching their local college campus? Listed below are ten reasons every local church should be actively engaged in reaching the students and faculty on their local campus with the Gospel.
- Satan has a stronghold on our younger generation in America. We must take back our children and the education institution that was originally founded upon Jesus Christ.
- We are told that 60-70% of 18-22 year olds who regularly attend church stop attending during this age. Many of these youth walk on our college campuses.
- Studies show that, currently, we are reaching only .00001% of the student population. The need is great to reach these students!
- International students studying in America reached an all-time high for the tenth straight year in a row, with 974,926 students. The average campus has representation from 40-80 nations. A few of the leading countries are China, India, South Korea, and Saudi Arabia. Many of these students come from countries listed as restricted, hostile, or unreached by missionary efforts. The Lord of the harvest has brought the mission field to our doors steps. We have the ability to reach the world within just a few square miles.
- In the Great Commission, Jesus Christ commands churches to go to their campus to actively reach and teach students.
- You will find active LGBT, Pagan, Atheist, and other false religious groups on most every campus. Alcohol, drug use, abortion, and sexual activity statistics for college students will stagger you.
- College students are making life altering decisions at this age about education, finances, career, faith, family, friends, meaning in life, and many other critical matters about who they are and how they will live life. If we are not there to connect, guide, and teach them from God’s Word, there will be other groups who will.
- Research will prove that nearly every major awakening or missionary movement since the Reformation can trace its roots to a college campus.
- Jonathan Edwards, George Whitfield, Adnorian Judson, George Muller, John Wesley, and Charles Wesley are a few students reached on a college campus that impacted the world for Christ.
- The college campus is a tremendous place of opportunity to reach and impact the future of the world. If we reach the university with the Gospel we have the ability to reach and change the world we live in!