Who We Are
Collegians for Christ is a local church ministry established to reach the many students and faculty on college campuses with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. CFC is divided into two divisions:
- Campus Connect Ministries: This ministry arm exists to meet the need to assist local churches in establishing ministries on their campuses. God does His work through the ministries of the local church thus we emphasize the necessity of the local church and do not step over or around the line God has established. CFC comes along side churches that have a desire to reach the many students and faculty with the Gospel. We provide the training, tools, and practical resources necessary to equip a church to establish an officially recognized ministry on their local campus.
- Collegians for Christ: This ministry arm consists of the actual network of ministries that are found on the campus through a local church in its area reaching out in a number of ways to the students and faculty with the Gospel.
A Rich History…
Collegians for Christ originated on the campus of the University of Tennessee a little over twenty years ago. It was established by Temple Baptist Church in Powell, TN which had an overwhelming burden to reach the many college students on their local campus. After years of fruitful outreach on that campus, God has begun spreading Collegians for Christ to other college campuses.
A Bright Future…
God is moving and churches are excited about the opportunity to establish a ministry on their local campus. In the 2012, Collegians for Christ was established at Appalachian State University. In the following years, a number of other new campus ministries have been established across the country. Other churches are praying about beginning a college ministry. Pray that God will do great things!
Rooted in the Church…
The local church is the means God uses to reach the world. Churches must see the need to reach their campus. Our passion is to come alongside the local church to encourage, train, equip, and assist in establishing officially-recognized, on-campus Bible studies to reach the many students and faculty on their campus. Each Collegians for Christ ministry is, from its inception, an outreach of a local church.
Distinctives of Collegians for Christ:
• Dedicated followers of Jesus Christ.
• Local church oriented. Connecting students to the local church.
• Passion for discipleship, emphasizing quality over quantity.
• Strong emphasis placed on Bible study and prayer.
• Inspiring students to be Christian leaders that make an impact on this world.
• Committed to “earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.”