Who We Are
Our mission is to reach students with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, teach them from God’s Word, provide discipleship, and connect these students to other believers and a local church to serve in. We want students to know what they believe, why they believe it, and where to find it in the Bible. Our desire is for these students to then make an impact in their area of influence and be able to fulfill II Timothy 2:2, “The same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.”
Collegians for Christ is a ministry established to reach the many students and faculty on college campuses with the Gospel of Jesus Christ through local churches. Collegians for Christ is a ministry based out of Mt. Lebanon Baptist Church in Vilas, N.C. Collegians for Christ is divided into two divisions:
- Campus Connect Ministries: This ministry arm exists to meet the need to assist local churches in establishing ministries on their campuses.
- Collegians for Christ: This ministry arm consists of the actual network of ministries that are found on the campus through a local church in its area reaching out in a number of ways to the students and faculty with the Gospel.
A Rich History…
Collegians for Christ originated on the campus of the University of Tennessee a little over twenty years ago. It was established by Temple Baptist Church in Powell, TN which had an overwhelming burden to reach the many college students on their local campus. After years of fruitful outreach on that campus, God has begun spreading Collegians for Christ to other college campuses.
A Bright Future…
God is moving and churches are excited about the opportunity to establish a ministry on their local campus. In the 2012-13 school year, Collegians for Christ was established at Appalachian State University. In the following years, a number of other new campus ministries received official recognition. Other churches are praying about beginning a college ministry. Pray that God will do great things!
Rooted in the Church…
The local church is the means God uses to reach the world. Churches must see the need to reach their campus. Our passion is to come alongside the local church to encourage, to train, to equip, and to assist in establishing officially-recognized, on-campus Bible studies to reach the many students and faculty on their campus. Each Collegians for Christ ministry is, from its inception, an outreach of a local church.
Distinctives of Collegians for Christ:
• Dedicated followers of Jesus Christ.
• Local church oriented. Connecting students to the local church.
• Passion for discipleship, emphasizing quality over quantity.
• Strong emphasis placed on Bible study and prayer.
• Inspiring students to be Christian leaders that make an impact on this world.
• Committed to “earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.”