Why Start One
Why Reach the College Campus?
- We are told that 60-70% of 18-22 year olds who regularly attend church stop attending during this age. Many of these youth walk our college campuses.
- Studies show that, currently, we are reaching only .00001% of the student population.
- International students studying in America reached an all-time high for the tenth straight year in a row with 1,043,839 students! The average campus has representation from 40-80 nations. A few of the leading countries are China, India, South Korea, and Saudi Arabia.
- Suicide, alcohol, drug use, abortion, and sexual activity statistics for college students will stagger you.
- College students are making life altering decisions at this age about education, finances, career, faith, family, friends, meaning in life, and many other critical matters about who they are and how they will live life.
- Research will prove that nearly every major awakening or missionary movement since the Reformation can trace its roots to a college campus.
- Jonathan Edwards, George Whitfield, Adnorian Judson, George Muller, John Wesley, and Charles Wesley are a few students reached on a college campus that impacted the world for Christ.